10 on the 10th, June 2021
10 Favorite Things Right Now
1. These glasses by Better Homes & Gardens. They’re very similar to THE glasses we know & love thanks to Bri McCoy, but break-resistant and perfect for summer outdoors! There are two sizes (I have the smaller) and are only available in-store at Wal-Mart.
2. Also, mojitos! And fresh mint tea. (I have a huge mint bed in the garden.)
3. Lawn Nights with friends! We met almost every week for five months before winter set in and we recently resumed our casual, but oh-so meaningful gatherings.
4. Kayaking. Two local friends and I are making Kayak Fridays a thing and are exploring lots of local lakes and rivers. (Yes, those exist in western Oklahoma!)
5. My hammock. I made a clearance impulse purchase of a moveable hammock stand last year and I LOVE that I can move it around the yard, not just hang between trees.
6. Anticipating & Making Plans. After too many months of canceled plans, I’m finally putting things on the calendar.
7. Houseplants. I keep getting more and it’s so fun when they grow and thrive!
8. Fresh food from the garden. There’s nothing like knowing precisely where your food comes from and even harvesting it yourself.
9. Honey Lime Slaw: cabbage, cilantro, lime, honey, salt. It’s great with tacos, on salads, or a stand-alone side. So fresh and delicious, made with garden bounty.
10. Branch Basics. Okay, hear me out. Cleaning is NOT my favorite activity, but finding products that work AND are non-toxic, and work for everything from rinsing produce to removing laundry stains and cleaning the bathroom is a win for me. You can get a code to save $10 when you use my link. I started using their products about two years ago and I love them.
On the 10th of each month, Laura Tremaine, creator and host of the podcast 10 Things to Tell You, challenges us to “Share Our Stuff” with a tens list. This month it’s our current favorite things! I went first, now it’s your turn – what’s on your favorites list right now? Share below.
Hi, I'm Lisa
Photos have always brought me joy and are one of my favorite mediums for storytelling. But let’s be honest, the sheer volume of digital photos we all have can be overwhelming! It’s my goal through Scissortail Digital to help you tell your stories and improve the ways you work with your photos.